Take away the makeup and the mascara, remove the jewelry, and what do you see?
Is it the reflection you desire looking back at you? A reflection of someone that you are satisfied with? Of course we all desire to look our best, since that does make us feel good knowing we look presentable.
As women of faith... we need to remember that what is most important is what our reflection looks like in "God's mirror," not our own.
"I called out, 'Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my thoughts.
See if there be any wicked way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting."
When we look into our mirror,
we see our outward appearance,
but God can see within the heart and mind.
He sees our attitude and our motives.
He knows our thoughts and true desires.
If we desire to reflect Christ, we must ask Him to show us through prayer and His Word.
So instead of picking up the mirror and looking at your reflection, pick up His Word and then take a good look at yourself.
Ask the Holy Spirit to help you to "see" how to be the woman HE desires.
Ask Him to "show" you through His Word how to be His woman of faith.
Of course, before we can do this, we must deal with the question of sin with a sincere heart first. Asking for forgiveness is the first step in becoming His faith-filled woman.
Let us examine ourselves...
1. Am I growing as a Christian woman?
2. Am I spending time each day reading my Bible?
3. Do I pray for myself, family and others?
4. Do I strengthen myself by surrounding myself with like-minded women?
5. Am I attending church weekly, sharing in worship with my church family?
6. Am I trying to share my faith with others who need to come to know Christ?
7. Do I give priority to my husband and family before I pursue interests of my own?
8. Am I spending time teaching my children His Gospel?
9. Do I look for the opportunity to reach out to women that are hurting?
10. Do I join hands with my husband and ask for His protection in our marriage and guidance in all our
When we are His...there is "real" change in our life.
Jesus will become a "real" part of your life.
There have been times when I had NO courage at all.
And then as I reflect on those times, I KNEW God spoke through me,
for I never would have had enough courage or the words to speak at all.
May you are like myself. I pray you will trust God and allow Him to use you in
some VERY special ways! Be blessed.
TAGS: Bible, faith,bible study, blessed,sister's,blogging,christianity,church,truth,devotions,women,faith-filled,encouragement,family,trials,depression,sin,Christ,Jesus,Godly,Gospel,grace,hope,love,past,inspiration,need Jesus,salvation,saved,born again,religion,confess,scripture,suffering,saving grace.wisdom,thanks,